Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day and Snakes

I am lucky to have a great Dad, one that I truly look up to. Even as an adult with a family of my own I still need my Dad and am so grateful to have such an AWESOME one! Because I had such a good example of what a father should be I was able to recognize what a great Dad that John would be when we were dating. I saw how he treated his mom and he loved his siblings. He loved his little brother Brandon, who was just 5 months old when we started dating.

John is an amazing father. Our kids look forward to him coming home every night. I know John comes home tired and just needs some down time but he is always willing to play catch with the boys when they ask or he is up for anything else that they ask of him. John makes time for his kids and they know they are loved. I am grateful for that.

The kids made John a candy bar poster and had various handmade gifts from school.



We are in a never ending battle with our backyard. Right now we are trying to remove grass/weeds from a hill that leads to a creek and it is HARD work! Hunter has been trying to earn extra $ for Disneyland, while raking he found a gardner snake and was so excited. He grabbed it after John told him it was okay. He thought it was pretty cool.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

What a fun card, that's my kind of gift!

mommag said...

John - you are a great dad - always so willing to play with your children. Happy Father's day. Love you.